The practice is fully open and running a regular clinic every Tuesday, with overflow to Monday’s if no appointments are available on the Tuesday.
An initial risk assessment and consent process will be undertaken to ensure this is the best option for your treatment.
I will be wearing PPE gloves, mask and apron with a full clinic clean in between patients. Patients attending clinic will also be required to wear a face mask either disposable or material.
For further information please drop me an message and I look forward to hearing from you soon….
Physiotherapy promotes and helps to restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. Denise is primarily a musculoskeletal physiotherapist working with bones and muscle function. She takes a holistic approach that involves the patient direction in their care.
Physiotherapy price list:
- £65 for the first consultation (1 hour)
- £55 for follow up consultations (45 mins)
Manual Therapy and Massage price list:
- £65 per session (1 hour)
Taping price list:
- £10 for 10mins of taping
Items for Sale:
- £5.00 Theraband 1.5m (yellow / red/ green / blue)
- £5.00 Spikey ball
- £12.00 Prickle ball
- £10 KT tape roll
What to expect during a physiotherapy session
A patient’s full medical history is undertaken including past medical history and any medications. This is followed by an objective physical assessment which will assist in the diagnosis and prognosis. This is followed by a treatment programme which will be tailored to each individual. The treatment may consist of:
Movement and exercise to target a specific muscle group. This will facilitate strengthening and supporting function. The set programme will be tailored to each person’s current level of health and fitness and will be monitored at set intervals decided between the patient and therapist.
Manual therapy techniques including; mobilisations, soft tissue massage and myofascial release. These adjuncts aid recovery by relieving muscle pain and stiffness and also encourage blood flow to the injured part of the body.
- Taping / strapping and supporting a joint or muscle.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound; to encourage cellular regeneration
- Advice on aquatic therapy; involves movement in a heated pool to encourage and facilitate movement in addition to land exercises or when land based movement cannot be tolerated.
Denise Ferguson BSc (Hons)
- Member of The Health professionals Council (HCPC registration number PH103943)
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP 095262)
- Physio in Sport membership (15094)
- Aquatic Therapy membership (420)
- APPN (Advanced Practice Physiotherapist Member)