Whilst we are in the delay phase of the Covid-19 Pandemic, Denise is offering video based consultations at £20 for 30 mins.
Physiotherapy promotes and helps to restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. Denise is primarily a musculoskeletal physiotherapist working with bones and muscle function. She takes a holistic approach that involves the patient direction in their care.
Physiotherapy land based price list:
- £50 per hour, £40 for 30mins
- £10 for 10mins of taping
- £5.00 Theraband 1.5m (yellow / red/ green / blue)
- £5.00 Spikey ball
- £12.00 Prickle ball
- £10 KT tape roll
What to expect during a physiotherapy session
A patient’s full medical history is undertaken including past medical history and any medications. This is followed by an objective physical assessment which will assist in the diagnosis and prognosis. This is followed by a treatment programme which will be tailored to each individual. The treatment may consist of:
Movement and exercise to target a specific muscle group. This will facilitate strengthening and supporting function. The set programme will be tailored to each person’s current level of health and fitness and will be monitored at set intervals decided between the patient and therapist.
Manual therapy techniques including; mobilisations, soft tissue massage and myofascial release. These adjuncts aid recovery by relieving muscle pain and stiffness and also encourage blood flow to the injured part of the body.
- Taping / strapping and supporting a joint or muscle.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound; to encourage cellular regeneration
- Advice on aquatic therapy; involves movement in a heated pool to encourage and facilitate movement in addition to land exercises or when land based movement cannot be tolerated.
Denise Ferguson BSc (Hons)
- Member of The Health professionals Council (HCPC registration number PH103943)
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP 095262)
- Physio in Sport membership (15094)
- Aquatic Therapy membership (420)
- APPN (Advanced Practice Physiotherapist Member)